Picture from the award ceremony (from left): Roman Albrecht (itSMF), Vladim├şr V├í┼ła (itSMF), Ladislav Straka (Service & Support), Xenie Mal├í (DPMB), Robert Kraj─Źa (itSMF)
Announcement of the ITSM project of the year
The 10th itSMF Czech Republic annual conference took place in January. Its aim was to help the management of companies and public administration control the performance of their organizations via IT support, using the best practices, methods and technologies in the area. The conference also included the announcement of winning projects from the IT Service Management area for 2015. The cooperation of ALVAO with Service & Support spol. s. r. o. resulted in an excellent third place for the project ÔÇťImplementation of a traffic management and safety system in the ICT of Dopravn├ş podnik m─Ťsta BrnaÔÇŁ.
Ale┼í Studen├Ż, ALVAO Service Manager, said: ÔÇťWe are happy that we have placed in the top three for the fourth time in a row, this time thanks to our partner. We are glad that an increasing number of partners recommend ALVAO as a suitable tool for ITMS solutions.ÔÇŁ
Parameters of the awarded project
The committee appreciated namely the following parameters of the project:
1. Low implementation costs and short implementation time while maintaining a high quality of the solution ÔÇô in accordance with ISO standards.
2. Increasing the corporate ICT operation efficiency, implementing process management and reporting.
3. Service prices and IT costs are clear and transparent for units using the IT services (direct invoicing).
4. Complex implementation of processes, including related re-organization and unification of the IT department.
5. Clear and fully functional cooperation with the business area.
ÔÇťWe obtained a high-quality integrated tool that allows us to view operated IT technologies from the point of view of services provided to our users. This enables us to provide a very good solution to everyday requests of users, as well as to expedite the solution of any operation problems or even prevent them,ÔÇŁ said Ing. Xenie Mal├í, IT Department Manager in Dopravn├ş podnik m─Ťsta Brna a.s., when asked to summarize the main advantages of the project. The management of Dopravn├ş podnik m─Ťsta Brna a.s. has focused in the long term on a continuous increase of the quality of provided services, which is why the sole focus of the project was IT management in accordance with the newest methods and standards, i.e. , ISO 20000 and ISO 27000.